Sunday, January 30, 2011

Superstitious



I never believe in superstitious. I mean,I believe everything could be explained through Science. However,my mother always believe in it. She always like to scare herself with unnecessarily stuff. For example,she believe that during the seventh month in the lunar Chinese calender,we should never pick up anything from outside and bring it home. It might brought the family some unwanted troubles. I obeyed her instructions given at times because she's my mother.

However,something happened recently and actually change my attitude slightly towards superstitious. Like any normal day,I walked home after school with my friend,Kaixuan. That day,Kaixuan decided that we should take a longer route because we've got ample of time. We took the route that cuts through the building and leads to a exercise corner. The place where all the exercise equipments were. The weather was quite windy though,so I suggested that we could sit on one of the bench there. Suddenly,there's this granny in black,she came up to ask. She told Kaixuan and me that we'll have a great fight and lost something soon. I felt quite shocked.

Questions began to flood my mind. Why is this granny talking to us? Is it true? Can I believe in it? Kaixuan,being the timid one actually believed her. She asked the granny,"Why would Josephine and I quarrel?" The granny looked wise,however,I remind myself to never judge a book by it's cover. The granny smiled and walk away. I looked at Kaixuan helplessly. I was quite scared inside. "What if it really happened? I don't want to lose such a friend!"

I quickly went home and told my mother what happened. Mum,being the anxious type,prayed to the GuanYin for my safety. I became serious this time. At first,I thought it's some kind of prank played by the naughty boys in my class. Then I realized that no one would actually be so boring and asked a old lady to do pranks on us. Mum asked me if I've step on any paper money and incense or accidentally kicked any fruits that are along the drains. I tried to recall but I'm pretty sure I did not. That night,I lost my sleep. I was quite afraid but Mum told me not to worry if I did nothing wrong.

So many days past and I'm still fine with Kaixuan. However,I'm still pondering what stuff would I lost...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home