Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Macbeth~



A summary of this week's lesson.

This week,basically,teacher went through the story of Macbeth. Ms Mal recapped with us what's in Act 1 Scene 1,the scene where the witches appeared. So here is a brief summarr of Act 1 scene 1.

“When shall we three meet again?In thunder, lightning or in rain?When the hurly burly’s done.When the battle’s lost, and won' Fair is foul, and foul is fair.Hover through the fog and filthy air.”
The play opens with three witches predicting the future in a windswept and barren land during a violent thunderstorm.


I think that this is a very good opening as as a reader,I think the starting of the story actually arouse my curiosity and have the anticipation to continue reading. In another word,the opening of the story captures the readers' attention.

After which,Miss Mal went through Act 1 Scene 2. This scene is a little confusing for me up till today. However,I'm going to clarify my doubts tomorrow.

So the scene started off with King Duncan meeting with the captain from the war. The war was being defeated by Macbeth.[First war] After which,there's a second war and a new enemy,the Norwegian King. Macbeth won the second war again. However,the Norwegian king think that it's a sign of disrespect to those soldiers if there's no proper burial held.

Hence,the Norwegian King sign a treaty and agree to give Macbeth $1000 if he give the dead body of those soldiers that fought for the Norwegian King.

I personally think that the Norwegian King is really a responsible king. He actually offered proper burial to the corpses and not left them there,rotting. On the other hand,I think that Macbeth was quite merciless here. If I am Macbeth,I would not even collect any money from the Norwegian King. This is just to show a respect the the dead ones.

Okay,I think I'm going to end the blog post here! :)

Ps./ Refer here for the macbeth video clip. > http://www.enotes.com/macbeth-video

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home